healthy fear


I loved this article about why a healthy amount of fear of birth is natural and important.
I had incredible birthing experiences, but I also worked hard for them. 
I had a plan but also allowed myself to accept there are some things I cannot control. 
Having a trusted birth team is probably the single most important decision you can make, 
once that's in place and you know you will be supported through anything...
everything else falls into place. 
even when birth doesn't go according to plan.

birth_fear_large

"Women don’t need a bumper sticker phrase to prepare them for birth. They aren’t empowered by lies and half-truths about rainbows and ponies.  We owe women the truth about birth.  Yes, it often hurts.  Yes, there is an element of danger.  No, you can’t control everything about birth.  But let’s not forget too to tell them that despite (and maybe because of all of these things) birth is amazing.  Birth is transcendent.  Birth is beautiful and it is empowering." 
read the full article here

Comments

Popular Posts