25 historical images of breastfeeding


While we are making strides in normalizing breastfeeding in public, I think we still have a ways to go. Number 23 & 25 say a lot! See all images here

While I have gotten a few awkward glances and certainly made some people uncomfortable with my breastfeeding in public, my favourite story and one I will always remember is actually positive. I was at a coffee shop with a friend, chatting and sipping away- my babe was getting fussy so I discretely (what I thought was discretely) started to nurse him and the barista came over to compliment me on nursing my baby and using cloth diapers. She told me it was so refreshing to see! 


Children's Book Depicting Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding

Both are normal, both are ok, once upon a time both were appropriate for children's literature!

Mother and Baby - c.1900

mother and baby circa 1900's

Breastfeeding at an Outdoor Meeting

breastfeeding in an outdoor meeting... look at all those men, they clearly are having a hard time controlling themselves.

Comments

Popular Posts